Save the date for a *spectacular* evening on the waterfront! Join Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest, and an entire cast of performers, singers, dancers, and ice skaters for a night of free entertainment to celebrate First Friday in December and to usher in the holiday season.
Be dazzled as the rink lights up one of the city’s largest holiday trees with tens of thousands of bluetooth-programmable LED lights thanks to PECO’s sponsorship.
The evening features:
- Introduction (6PM)
- Winter Wonderland performed by Philadelphia-based singer/songwriter twin duo LullaNAs
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer tap dance routine from the Lady Hoofers Tap Ensemble(6:15PM)
- Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas bell ringing harmonies by the Philadelphia Handbell Ensemble
- Carol of the Bells by acapella crooners Broad Street Beat
- Sleigh Ride by St. Hilary of Poitiers School Choir (6:30PM)
- Exciting performance of Mary Poppins on ice by local synchronized skating team Philadelphia Symmetry
- Ice skating duet to O’ Holy Night featuring 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Adult Ice Dance Champions Shay and Yovanny (6:45PM)
- Performance from the Nutcracker by the Philadelphia Dance Academy
- Rendition of Feliz Navidad by Philadelphia natives and Latin vocal group Viva Mas(7PM)
- Captivating holiday performance by violinist Melanie R. Hill (7:10PM)
- Victorian-style carol singing from The Village Carolers
- Flyers Hall of Famer Brian Propp with the help of Santa will flip the 6 ft. switch to turn on the 50,000+ LED lights to illuminate the 45 ft. tree (7:15PM)
- Fireworks sendoff to help get Santa back to the North Pole and to officially kick-off the countdown to the SugarHouse New Year’s Eve Fireworks on the Waterfront (7:25PM)
The free entertainment continues off the ice with activities for all ages. Take a photo with Santa, make your own wreath, face-painting, holiday crafts, and more!
Can't make it down Friday? Watch at home! Tune in for NBC10 presents A Holiday Tree Lighting airing at 7pm.